Thursday, March 5, 2009

The New Guy


You know what I love...The New Guy. They come to class because they have heard something or seen something that gets them thinking. Could this be for me? Am I fit enough? Will it be too hard? The answer to each of those questions is YES. It IS for the new guy, they ARE fit enough and it WILL be too hard.


The New Guys first day of class is always a tough one, no matter what the workout. As trainers we are also scared. Did we give them enough? Was it too much? Will they come back? Was it too hard? Are they hurt? The answer to those questions is MAYBE. It's a toss up. CrossFit is not for everyone.


But when the right one finds it...


How COOL is that? Give him a few classes and all of the sudden the New Guy stops "pacing", they stop asking if it is an hour class, never again do they say..."only three rounds?". A whole new world opens up and I love to see it though their eyes. It brings me back to when I was the new guy and I didn't know what to expect, or how hard to go, and if this was safe.


It is a journey to CrossFit and I am honored to be a part of it.
WOD 3-4-09
"Helen"
3 Laps
21 KB Swings
12 Pull-ups
3 Rounds
Then
2000 Row

1 comment:

  1. Well spoken. Especially since it was done at 4:30AM!!!

    1,1,1,1,1,1,1 Clean and Jerk

    BW 160#

    155, 160, 165, 170, 185, 190(Fail), 185, 190.

    Then

    10 One Lap Sprints

    ReplyDelete